Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Idol Chatter...Hollywood

Hollywood Week, part 3. Group performances. This had to be the worst round of group performances I have ever seen. There were not any real stand-outs, that they featured. Now I've watched this long enough to know that you don't see all the "good" groups. After a very disappointing group round, here were my only stand-outs: Carrie Koyzer, Aaron Marcellus, Jen Hirsch, Ariel Sprague, David Leathers, Jr., Johnny Keyser and Phillip Phillips. The only repeats from last week were the last three on the list.

Double bonus...we also got to hear the solos (sans comments from the judges), well, mostly.Here are my official "ones to watch"...
1. Colton Dixon--I believe I picked him as a front-runner last year. Maybe time has improved his performance ability, although it has not improved his hairstyle.
2. Phillip Phillps--he keeps popping up on my lists, so there must be something to this kid. I like the raspy, folksy rock tone to his voice.
3. Jen Hirsch--like her, not love yet. Just call me Ben from the Bach...can't commit yet.
4. Crighton Fraker--don't like the look, but the voice is as the Kardashian's would say...amazeballs.
5. Shannon Macgrane--she's the 16 year old that enjoyed a very awkard moment between her Dad and Steven Tyler...her voice is impressive.
6. Reid Grimm--drama-mama-and man can he talk. He played the drums at the last minute but it was probably 3 hours before...you know, through the magic of television and all. COOL.
7. Adam Brock--he's got his lucky hanky, a wife and baby and has dubbed himself "white chocolate". We all know white chocolate melts and isn't really chocolate at all. We'll see if he can stand up to the pressure.

Tomorrow night....Vegas baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment