Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Idol Chatter...Top 13

Stevie Wonder vs. Whitney Houston...Whitney takes it! The girls totally rocked it tonight. Here'd my take on the top 13 performances.

Joshua Ledet-I Wish These Days-his body moves are a little "rainbow-licious" for my taste. I give him a mixed bag of reviews, a little too choppy, good energy and nice vocals.

Elise Testone-I'm Your Baby Tonight-wow! short skirt! It felt flat and empty, she was just up there singing the song and too loudly.

Jermaine Johnson-I See You in the Park (?)-pitchy at first, then relaxed into it. He's got a smooth voice, I'm just not that excited about him.

Erika Van Pelt-I Believe in You and Me-a bit cheesy with the 80's guitar, but I love her voice! love her hair! loved the arrangement, not the guitar.

Colton Dixon-Lately-I've never heard this Stevie song, loved Colton's version! I would download it if only I believed in iTunes. Awesome ending! Top 2 boy performer tonight.

Shannon Macgrane-I Have Nothing-she kind of fell apart tonight. Her singing in the intro video was better, she's over-thinking it. Just relax and breathe!

Deandre Brackensick-Master Blaster-I don't get him, the hair, the voice or why they saved him. I want him out..off the island.

Skylar Laine-Where Do Broken Hearts Go-country-fried-whitney. Other than her pants being way too tight, I really liked what she did with the song. Potential!

HeeJun Han-All in Love is Fair-tonight he was the Korean Michael Buble. Dramatic, some pitch problems and a great ending. He's got per-so-nality!

Hollie Cavanaugh-All the Man That I Need-holy crap! that was amazing! She's top 2 girls and a front-runner in my book.

Jeremy Rosada-Ribbons in the Sky-I love this kid, but he fell flat tonight. Not his best, he pulled it together at the end...sort of.

Jessica Sanchez-I Will Always Love You-The showdown is on! That actually made me cry, an absolute first in AI viewing history. It's hers to lose at this point...wowee!! Top 2 girls.

Phillip Phillips-Superstition-Love it, need it-would buy it-would join iTunes for it. He's legit! I can see him being the new Daughtry. Top 2 boys absoluter.

Outta here--Elise and Deandre.
Staying around--Phillip and Jessica.

No comments:

Post a Comment